2. Social media engineer to make sure that you have an 'incarnational' presence online.
3. Guerrilla marketing strategist to find new and creative ways of tricking people to come to church.
4. Graphic designer for the flyer sent to all residents within 50 square miles.
5. Realtor to locate a decidedly non-church like space to rent, preferably a space created for the purposes of entertainment, like a movie theater.
6. Local barista with connections so that you can give away coffee that was most definitely not cooked in the traditional 800-gallon coffee drum in old-fashioned church kitchens.
7. Marketing consultant to pick a cool church name that has no connection to the physical location of the church, Christian history, or Christian doctrine. Best options: the name of a U2 song or WNBA team name. (Check out Url Scaramanga's awesome list and commentary on cool church names).
8. Audio production engineer so that the band sounds awesome.
9. Visual production engineer so that the lights, smoke, and PowerPoint blend seamlessly.
10. A director of institutional standards/brand management who makes sure that the words "experience" and "real" make it into every possible avenue of communication (for example, "experience a real God like never before!" "A new church experience!" "Real people who experience life together!"). On certain occasions, these words can be left out, but only if replaced by the terms "community" and "authentic."
Disclaimer: Any other functions, roles, or tasks not listed above are non-essential to the functioning of the truly successful church plant.